For Apple hardware enthusiasts, knowing when the next iPhone will be released is something to be anticipated. While the company is notorious for its secrecy in terms of unveiling their new products, the anticipation that comes with Apple’s release of the iPhone 5 led to the emergence of some news leaks from various sources and even electronics suppliers of anonymity. In most cases, such leaks are only dismissed as rumors. However, they may seem credibly true if the news and information leaks about the new Apple’s product release from these various sources and suppliers all say the same thing. This makes the anticipation even more interesting, knowing that Apple enthusiasts have high expectations for the product.
The release date
According to rumors, the next iPhone is set to be launched sometime in the second or third quarter of the year 2012, preferably June or October, with the latter being the most likely. This is due to the fact that the current and latest iPhone in the market, the iPhone 4S, was launched at the fall of last year.
There are also certain reasons for Apple enthusiasts to believe that the iPhone 5’s target release is on the fall of this year. Here are some of them:
• It is likely for Apple to put into the device a 4G LTE connectivity function, which enables the user to browse the Internet with connection speeds to up to 10 times faster than normal 3G connections. However, the company is still securing chips of this feature, and if they can’t finish doing before fall, the launch won’t be expected to happen in June and is more likely to happen in June.
• In the yearly Apple Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC), many are expecting that there would be a discussion about the release of iOS 6, the new operating system for Apple device, albeit in beta form. Most of the time, iOS beta would become available months before an iPhone device is launched to the market.
Anticipated features of iPhone 5
As per rumors, Apple enthusiasts are in for something new regarding the next iPhone. Here are some of the rumored features and design functions that are expected to form the iPhone 5 on the presumed October launch:
• It is said that the new iPhone would employ a new touch screen functionality called in-cell touch. Apple is likely to install in-cell touch panels manufactured by Sharp and Toshiba Mobile Display in the new device. These panels will come together to form a single layer, which makes the device even more responsive to touch than the previous iPhone 4 models.
• With the in-cell touch functionality, it is expected that the iPhone 5 will be thinner than iPhone 4/4S. It has been said in reports that the new iPhone would sport a less-than-8-millimeter-thick device. It has also been said that the new iPhone would be lighter than the previous models because of the proposed liquid metal case. However, this rumor was released amidst reports of the device’s June release, and there are doubts whether a liquid metal case would become a reality or not.
• The iPhone’s screen display may be tweaked before releasing iPhone 5, which is said to be using a 4-inch display. Plus, the design of the device won’t be anymore made from multiple parts, will be made entirely of a single solid material.
Last year, people who were anticipating for the iPhone 5 were welcomed with the name “iPhone 4S.” This year, however, people may expect a wide range of names that may be used to label the next iPhone. It could be iPhone 5; it could be iPhone 4G LTE because of the all-new connectivity feature, or maybe iPhone 4GS. One thing is for certain, though: the month of October is quite a long way, and everything, from news leaks to rumors, can still surface within months about the new iPhone. Watch out.
Ray Meshack has written numerous articles and blogs for various publications and website. As a public relations specialist, he has previously worked for high-profile persons and Hollywood celebrities. He’s currently working as an online reputation management specialist.