Windows Server Hosting and Linux Server Hosting benefits
When it comes to hire a hosting to maintain your official domain, you need to become very careful. Learning information about different types of web hosting services can help you a lot to make your right decision. The blog contains a few basics features of Windows server hosting and Linux server hosting.
The selection process to choose any web hosting relies on the scripting language that is used for your website. In case languages such as MySQL, Perl or PHP are used for your site, it is better to choose a Linux server hosting. On the other hand, if you want to perform most of the works through ASP Dot Net, it would be better to look for a Windows hosting.
windows server hosting and linux server hosting
If you want to add interactive features on your site like searchable database or chat, Linux would not be a useful choice. There are many people who apply Windows-centric technologies such as Visual Basic, if you want to the same then I would suggest you to go for the Windows server.
Benefits of Windows Hosting
- To run an enterprise database, you can consider various features of Linux server. However, if you want MSSQL database of Microsoft, it would be good for you to select a Windows server.
- With the help of a Windows server, you can consider Microsoft .NET technologies such as VB dot net and ASP dot net.
- Accessing database is only available with a Windows Service hosting. The access can work only on Windows; therefore it is not unable on a Linux platform.
- If you want Microsoft SharePoint features, I would suggest you to look for Windows Hosting plans.
Benefits of Linux Hosting
- A Linux based website can be converted to a Windows server without any trouble. Even you can update the site as per the needs of online users.
- Linux server does not require high fees for licensing like other operating systems.
- Linux is a free OS, so it is an affordable web hosting. Generally, people just need to bear the cost of distribution.
- Different types of databases can run on Linux server, but the well-known features are PostgreSQL, MySQL and mSQL.
If you have decided to buy a hosting, take a review on www.hostmiles.com before purchasing. Top 10 Web Hosting list is really impressive at hostmiles.com